Friday, January 3, 2014

New year party nails

So My car was totaled and towed to the lot. I had a chance to get my important stuff out of the car before it was scrapped. I noticed a bottle of nail polish in the snow near the car, I did not know if it came from my car or somewhere else, but I don't remember ever buying it. Anyway I brought it home and washed it off and painted it on my nails for the new year party. I blogged about my outfit in the previous post. 


Bing cherry 305 
maybelline express finish
Verdict: great coverage in one coat - in fact you sort of have to only use 1 coat or it goes on way too thick and uneven
They also weren't kidding about the fast drying formula - My thumb was practically dry before i finished my pinky
The color is also pretty much what I expected, red in some lights and dark pink in others
Of course I don't know how much of it is the original formulation and how much of it is due to sitting outside in subzero snow and ice for an indeterminate period of time. 

Even if nothing else, I got to try a new color and add to my collection without spending a dime, thus maintaining my perma-No buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment